Russian version of the article is available down the link
Dispatch panel is a great online tool to monitor current trips, related routes and drivers processing orders. Moreover, you can review any past trips which stay logged in the panel for 30 days. This allows to verify any trip data and resolve possible passenger/driver concerns.
An operator with full access can quickly search any trip and go through its data such as:
- driver/passenger profile details;
- pick up, requested drop off and actual drop off (for finished trips);
- trip estimation: km/min, cost along with final trip distance, duration and cost;
- payment method used.
Order “Search” on main dispatch panel screen is available by :
- passenger (phone number)
- order ID
- driver (phone number/board number)
Search by passenger phone number allows to review:
- number of orders placed by a client within last 30 days;
- number of cancelled trips;
- number of unpaid trips;
Search by Order ID is ideal to:
-analyze a specific order;
-settle passenger/driver disputes.
Every trip in the system is assigned an ID by which any order can be tracked. An order ID logs in several sources:
- Trip summary
- Dispatch panel
- Order reports
Search by driver phone/board number works great to check:
- number of orders a driver processed over last 30 days;
- number of cancelled trips;
- real routes the driver took (as opposed to optimal routes offered by Google).
Order routes and Booking history
The bottom part of a “trip window” on dispatch panel is a map with:
-complete “Booking history”
The system stores 3 types of order routes:
- Actual route to pick up
- Actual order route
- Estimation order route
- Actual route to pick up - a dashed line on the map that displays the route a driver took from his original location to pick up (A)
- Actual order route - a solid black line on the map that displays the real route of the trip from the point where driver swipes to “start the trip” (A) to the point where a driver swipes to “finish” (B)
- Estimation order route - a solid purple line on the map that displays the route built by Google once the order with defined pick up (A) and drop off (B) is submitted into search.
“Booking History” is stored in the top right corner of the map and open by clicking on “Show”.
“Booking history” is a log of all trip statuses and their timing. It is realized via pictograms which upon clicking transfer to a specific point during the trip (pin on the map).
Major “Booking history” pins are:
Left at: time in 00:00 format + ETA to pick up in min.
- Shows when and where the driver “Accepted the order” (for instant orders) or swiped "Start a ride" (for pre-orders).
Arrived at pick up: time in 00:00 format + in advance or late in min.
- Shows when and where the driver presses “Arrived”.
Waited for customer for: 00 min
- Shows where and for how long a driver was waiting for the clients before he swiped to “Start the trip” from A to B.
Trip ended at: time in 00:00 format
- Shows when and where a driver swiped to finish the trip.
For cancelled trips:
Trip cancelled by driver/passenger at: time in 00:00 format
(reason) Last locations:
-Driver (driver location at the time of cancellation)
- Passenger (passenger location at the time of cancellation)
Good luck with monitoring your drivers, passengers and their trips!
To learn more on “City map" on dispatch panel and its functionality proceed with "City map" on dispatch panel.