Russian version of the article is available here
A customer may have an extra agenda to attend to en route from A to B pre planned even before the trip.
In Onde platform this is covered by the option to add intermediate stops for trips. The feature is handy as:
- a driver may plan order route in advance
- the system provides trip cost calculation and route from A to B with the account of intermediate drop-offs
- an extra drop-off is a sort of “stop-watch” which locks taxi meter without discontinuing the order
Intermediate stops are added at the stage of "New order" generation.
A maximum of 3 intermediate drop-offs can be added one by one.
Customer app order with multiple drop-off :
Operator app order with multiple drop-off :
The number of Intermediate drop-offs is fixed from the moment the booking is sent into auto search and not editable since then.
A driver may review additional drop-offs for orders on the "New offer" screen.
A driver has to swipe to confirm arrival to the intermediate drop-off and “Swipe to move to next point” following the same logic till the end of the trip.
There is no time limit of “standby mode” at the intermediate drop-off. The trip is “on hold” until the driver swipes to resume it. This is, of course, unless the order expires due to connection loss/internet issue/etc.
Additional drop-offs are aimed at pre-setting en-route stops for a customer. They can be used to drop off co-travelling customers. However, the trip cost is to be covered at the end of the trip by the customer who placed the booking. Ride-sharing is not integral within Onde platform.
Trip cost calculation for orders with intermediate drop-offs is similar to that of regular trips with A to B routes. It is based on an optimal route provision by Google for the whole trip with the inclusion of extra drop-offs, i.e.:
- fixed cost for multiple drop-off trips is set from the moment the route is calculated before dispatching the order and stays fixed regardless of route or time on the ride.
- final cost for multiple drop-off taximeter trips (estimated cost trips) is based on the total sum of calculations in between all stops en-route.
Intermediate drop-offs (addresses) are logged in:
- recent jobs receipts in Customer and Driver apps
- trip summary sent to all parties (if profiles have verified emails)
- operator app order log
- order details in Order reports will show the number of intermediate drop-offs for the trip if included (for ex: 2)