Spanish version of the article is available at the following link.
PayU Latam payment gateway process in-app payments in Brazil, México, Argentina, Panama and Peru. To connect a company with the gateway merchant, please proceed as follows:
- To do that go to Payment Settings in My Hub - Company management - Merchant account tab. Now you need to insert your merchant credentials. To get this information, please follow the steps:
- Go to https://secure.payulatam.com and login with your credentials;
- In your Payu Latam panel go to Accounts. There you can get your Cuenta ID or [country code] Account (e.g MXN Account). Please note, that Cuenta ID and Merchant ID are two absolutely different credentials. Cuenta ID is a number of your account at PayU Latam, Merchant ID is a number of your merchant account;
4. Public key, API key, Login key and Merchant ID you can find in "Configurations" >> "Technical Information"
5. Copy all the details to the proper fields in My Hub. PayU customers from Brazil are required to add CNPJ number (Cadastro Nacional da Pessoa Jurídica). This is an identification number issued to Brazilian companies by the Secretariat of the Federal Revenue of Brazil.
6. Once these steps are accomplished, please, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and request merchant set up;
7. After all the configurations from support side are done, make a test transaction. Open a driver or customer app wallet and add a card. The following information is requested:
- card number;
- expiry month;
- expiry year;
- zip code;
- holder name.
In case you see “Rejected” / "Oops, something went wrong when we tried to add your credit card" errors, please, verify that the merchant details match the ones stated in the Administrative Block of your PayU Latam account. If all the details are correct, please, send the following information on email@example.com:
- Screenshot of the error;
- ID of the customer or driver account you are using (you can get it from the reports);
- Exact time and date when the verification attempt took place.
After the credit card is added, but you see “Rejected” error when trying to make a payment, open your Payments report, get ID of the rejected transaction and contact your account manager at PayU Latam or write to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.