Spanish version of the article is available at the following link.
Russian version of the article is available down the link
Let’s see when and how the fee applies.
Proceed with : Company panel > Service Types > select a particular Service Type > Fee settings > CANCELLATION POLICY.
Passenger cancellation fee
1. A passenger is charged with the fee in case he cancels an order after its acceptance by the driver.
2.Cancellation fee also applies in cases when a driver confirmed his arrival to pick up point but passenger does not appear and driver selects “Client didn't show up”. “Client didn't show up” can be selected once the “Minimum waiting time for the passenger” runs out. 5 min is set as default waiting time value. “Minimum waiting time for the passenger” can be decreased or increased from 1 minute up in Fee settings > Cancellation policy of each Service type.
The charge does NOT apply if a passenger cancels the trip when driver is late for more than 3 minutes and distance from driver to pick up/passenger location is more than 200 meters. These values are default and can be adjusted in Cancellation policy as well. 1 min is minimum allowed in “Waiting time for the taxi”. 0.1-0.5 km range is possible for “Minimum passenger pickup distance”.
Passenger cancellation fee can only be set for companies with active merchants and credit/debit card payment methods enabled. In this case the fee is charged from client’s default credit card linked to his profile. If transaction fails due to any reason cancellation fee is not charged in any way.
A company owner may decide whether the funds for passenger cancellations are shared with the drivers or not.
- If checkbox “Do not share cancellation fee with driver” is checked the fee goes to the company's merchant.
- If checkbox “Do not share cancellation fee with driver” left unchecked the fee goes to a driver’s balance. In this case fee value is credited to driver’s balance minus the commission as per driver’s subscription.
Driver cancellation fee
1. The fee applies to the cases when a driver cancels an order after accepting a job.
2. The system will charge the driver when passenger cancels an order informing that there is “Driver didn't show up”. “Driver didn't show up” situation means that driver is late for more than 3 minutes after estimated time of arrival (pickup time for pre-orders) and is farther than 200 meters from pickup/passenger location. These values are set as default in Fee settings > Cancellation policy and can be adjusted: 1 min is minimum allowed in “Minimum waiting time for the taxi. 0.1 - 0.5 km range is possible for “Minimum passenger pickup distance”.
Driver cancellation fee is taken from a driver’s balance. Fee is registered as a transaction against driver’s account. System does not charge the fee from a driver’s credit card.
Cancellation fee calculations are included in the trip summary and are clearly stated in both Passenger and Driver apps.
Now you are fully equipped with the knowledge of fee configuration for your company!